A virtual server consists of the software of your choice, running on our hardware, with a customized set of resources (processor, memory, disk space, bandwidth) for you to use. You have total control over the system, can have it connected to the Internet or your private network via a VPN, and benefit from our high-availability environment.
Our virtual servers run on multiple physical servers with redundant network connectivity to a large storage area network (SAN). Aside from your usual remote access to the system via ssh or Remote Desktop, you'll also have KVM console via the web.
We can also help with consulting and managed services, so you can focus on your app, and leave the general administration and maintenance of the server to us. Since there are so many combinations of server resources and more involved help that we can provide, we suggest you contact us so we can help you further.
Just like with our physical server colocation service, you'll benefit from our diverse and resilient Internet connectivity, fiber to major telco networks for private line services, and a set of tools to make it easy to keep tabs on your server and application's uptime, performance, and bandwidth usage.
Virtual Server features
- Web-based console access to your virtual server
- Monitoring of both systems and services running on them, with email or SMS notification of trouble
- Diverse IPv4 and IPv6 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to Hurricane Electric and Lightpath
- Data backup service available
- Managed firewall service available
- We fully manage our own hardware, software, and connectivity in a Tier 3 commercial datacenter in Westchester County, NY